Saturday, April 18, 2009

Believe in yourself

Count me in as one of the millions that have watched Susan Boyle's rendition of I Dream a Dream (from my favourite musical Les Mis). (Currently this version has been seen over 25 million times!)

Don't you just love the fact that she is an everyday woman, a woman you would see all over Ireland. Yet for all the knocks she has received in life she had a belief in herself and a dream to honour her Mother, and did she ever! It was wonderful.

I found another recording that she did 10 years ago and her diction today as then is one of the reasons I enjoyed her singing so much. I find many singers today have little sense of diction and it ruins my pleasure in listening. Susan Boyle sings Cry Me a River, stunning, even on You Tube.

1 comment:

Country Wife said...

It's such an amazing testimony to the power of the internet which has catapulted an ordinary middle aged lady to her fifteen mintues of fame. This YouTube video is set to become the most viewed YouTube clip ever with over 100 million hits to date. http://diaryofacountrywife.wordpress.com/2009/04/20/susan-boyle-on-britains-got-talent/